How will the business process approval flow be determined?
- Stakeholders from the entire University have worked together throughout the Workday Finance Project to lay the groundwork for streamlined approval flows that:
- Ensure accountability and empowerment
- Support compliance and internal controls
- Provide consistency across the University
- Remove non-value added steps in the business process
- Although the approval flow for each business process will be different, these core concepts provided a strong framework for the Finance Advisory Councils (FACs) and the project team as they developed the future approval flows.
With shortened approval loops, how will others be made aware of purchases and other business processes?
- Unlike Ariba, users will not be able to customize approval flows in Workday by adding "watchers." Workday uses notifications to make others aware of purchases and other business processes that have been approved and completed.
When notifications are sent to a person’s email, will it send a reminder email until the task gets completed?
- In Workday, notifications are not "calls to action". Notifications simply inform someone that an action has occurred. However, Inbox items do require action. Depending on the business process, we can send reminders or we can escalate a business process, which would be similar to what has been done with HCM business processes.